2009年10月2日

A column in The Standard, I read everyday

I am happy that I can pick FREE newspaper copies right at my office building. The Standard now is distributing through one of the most accessible place of mine.

I scan news, but I will read one column, Dissident's Diary. This guy is fun, the writing is easy to read and sensible, yes, sensible! Article that left nothing is un-sensible. Today, I read this...

With deep sorrow, I regretfully have to inform the world abt the sad passing of Morality. She died recently after a long, slow illness. She was at least 2000 years old.
Her death was not unexpected, as her entire family has had a bad run in recent decades. Morality's mother, Values, died on Wall Street in the 1980s. Her father, Justice, was murdered in a contract killing by the world's highest paid lawyers at OJ Simpson's trial in 1995.
Morality kept a low profile for the past 20 years, and now, at the time of her death, has been almost forgotten.
She is being mourned only in churches, temples and other places considered "old-fashioned and out of touch" by the majority of modern people. But her death matters: none of her three children -- Integrity, Ethics and Humanity -- are likely to survive without her.

extract from "Morality truly dead when even filmmakers buy pirated DVDs" by Nury Vittachi.
www.mrjam.org

沒有留言:

發佈留言